Kent County Court’s Union Membership Election for Union President
Anyone who is interested in being nominated for Kent County Court’s Union President position must be a member in good standing. You are required to submit a biography and letter of desire to serve on the Executive Board and desire to serve as Union President by the close of business on June 10, 2022, at 5:00 PM. Biography and letter of desire can be emailed to Kory Drake, Vice President (Surveillance Officer, Court Employee).
Duties of the President
- The President shall preside at all membership meetings of the Association and of the Executive Board.
- Enforce the rules.
- Appoint all committees not otherwise provided for, and transact the other duties that are usual to the office of the President or as may be required by the membership.
- The President shall serve on the Grievance Committee and participate with the employer on the Review Committee for grievances.
- The Board President is the Chief Steward.
- The Board President or his/her designee shall also serve on the Negotiating Committee. He/she shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
Kent County Court’s Union President requires good communication skills, both written and spoken. This position also requires a somewhat flexible time schedule. Must have the ability to work with a diverse population of people. Must work independently and meet deadlines. The President must also be willing to use his/her personal time when needed to handle Union business (the union does not reimburse wages). Union President must also oversee all disciplinary cases and step in if the Union Representative is not available at that building.
Nomination Interest Application
Please send all bio’s/applications via email to Kory Drake, Vice President (Surveillance Officer, Court Employee).