Signed and Sealed #3
Local Association Name: Romeo School Transportation
Duration: September 1, 2019, through August 31, 2022
- 09/01/2019 – 8/31/2020 includes a new wage scale:
- Start at $16 (probation year 1)
- Step 1: $16.50 (probation year 2)
- Step 2: $17 (probation year 3-4)
- Step 3: $17.50 (probation year 5-6)
- Step 4: $18 (probation year 7-8)
- 09/01/2020 – 8/31/2021: all eligible employees receive one step
- 09/01/2021 – 8/31/2022: wage reopener for employees
Other Important Issues
- Sick leave includes 12 days per working year; employees may use two days as personal business days.
- Added one bonus day for non-use of sick time from 2 days to 3 days.
- Weather days can use sick time, vacation, personal day, and bonus days.
- Holidays will now include Good Friday, if not a part of Spring Break, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, as long as schools are not in session.
- For bereavement days, add a close associate or another relative for a one-day paid leave.
- Longevity includes eligible employees to get paid per hour not in a lump sum based on years of service as of 4/1/2019:
- 11-13 years: $0.25/hour
- 14-16 years: $0.35/hour
- 17-19 years: $0.45/hour
- 20+ years: $0.60/hour
Bargaining team consisted of President Dianna Sontae, and Committee Members Debe Lester and Elaine Atkinson who were assisted by POAM Business Agent Tom Scherer.
Signed and Sealed #2
Local Association Name: Grosse Pointe Woods DPW
Duration: July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2022
- 07/01/2019 – 06/30/2020: +2.5%
- 07/01/2020 – 06/30/2021: +2.5%
- 07/01/2021 – 06/30/2022: +2.5%
- Signing Bonus: $300 for full-time employees and $150 for part-time employees
Other Important Issues
- In addition to wage scale increases of 2.5% per year, employees will receive Tier 2 wage scale:
- 2019-2020: +2%
- 2020-2021: +1%
- 2021-2022: +1%
- Working in higher classification receives a minimum of 4 hours at a higher rate of pay.
- Cell phone reimbursement of $300.
- Increase damage loss of personal property of $150 to $250.
- Committee formed to review hours, uniforms, and job descriptions.
- Language changes to representation, grievance procedure, etc.
- Maintain (5) unpaid furlough days for a term of CBA.
Bargaining team consisted of President Ed Hall, Vice President Ryan Adamski, Committee Members Matthew Cook and Darlene Jepson who were assisted by POAM Business Agent Tom Scherer.
Signed and Sealed #1
Local Association Name: Clay Township Professional Staff
Duration: July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2023
- 07/01/2019 – 06/30/2020: +3%
- 07/01/2020 – 06/30/2021: +3%
- 07/01/2021 – 06/30/2022: +2%
- 07/01/2022 – 06/30/2023: +2%
Other important issues:
- Employee option: sick, personal/flex-time earned in the previous year may be paid pre-tax into a deferred compensation fund.
- Flex time provided by employer increased from 16 hours to 20 hours.
- Short-term disability increased from 180 days to 52 weeks.
- Language updated: Representatives, membership dues, grievance procedures, and holidays.
- Inclement weather and Acts of God Declaration language added.
- Pension for new hires (after 07/01/2019) from DB to DC 401(a) with employer 9% contribution and employer match up to 3% on 457.
Bargaining team consisted of Local President Anita Rzeppa who was assisted by POAM Business Agent Tom Scherer.